Tuesday, June 24, 2014

One final blog for Joplin 2014 Mission Trip

As a team leader (only in the planning sense of the word), I can say this was a great team.  I spent a full week in Minot, ND with LeLoie, Lynn and Warren, dry walling. And I spent a weekend with Pastor Cindy, in Des Moines on a mission trip, painting at Bidwell Riverside.  So I knew we had the makings of a great mission trip team.   Add in Mike, Carol, Linda, Donna, Kent and Cathy, and it was just an amazing group.   Imagine a 6 hour road trip, 6 days and nights together and no one fought.  Bet you can't say that about too many road trips you've had with 7 others.

I think we all grew in a)our dry wall skills, b)our faith and c)our friendship. I can't wait to do it again sometime and I seriously hope that others will join in.

I laughed until I cried a couple of times.  And despite the work, I genuinely had a good time.

Jo T


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home